1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanksgiving menu: turkey, cranberries and anal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Nov 19, 2012.

1. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Personally, I would go with the goat cheese/cranberry combination. Sounds wonderful...

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Just a small gathering of Mrs. Coco and I, and our two junior-high-age kids. She enjoys cooking and will make a turkey with potatoes/gravy, green bean casserole, cranberries and scalloped corn.

The latter two diners had an argument about desert. Usually my wife makes pumpkin bars and an apple pie, which we eat all weekend. Well, this year the kids wanted something with chocolate.

So my wife wisely said, "You and Dad can handle the desserts, then."

Therefore, I'll help them make Buckeyes (peanut butter balls dipped in melted chocolate, then placed in the freezer for a few hours).

I'm sure the pilgrims were the first ones to say, "You put your chocolate in my peanut butter. Hey, you got your peanut butter on my chocolate!" :D

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Thanks, and I agree with you. I think there's an anti-goat cheese contingent, however, so I think I will make both variations. I'm going to attempt to please everybody in a completely futile gesture...

Happy Holidays!

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

IF someone had told me there was a thread with this title and I got one guess who started it, I totally would have guessed correctly. :D

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Really? I would have guessed Dick Whitman. :D

I asked YG if I could say "anal sex" in a thread title, and he looked at me like he hated me and said, "Why do you always have to start shit like that?"

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I have a classy reputation around here to uphold!

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

2 Broke Girls just mentioned anal twice in the first five minutes. The world has no standards anymore.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Anal and Thanksgiving go together like America and apple pie. Seriously, we're only bringing garlic mashed potato and stuffing to my sister-in-laws.

Might check out my alma mater in the annual Turkey Day game against arch rival school (it's a big deal around these parts)

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We're all excited over here about the chow hall. There's a model of a pig on a spit in the middle of the chow hall. No shit. A pig on a spit with native Americans and pilgrims around a table. It's classic.

Hopefully the chow hall does a good job. They've been practicing up, we think, by serving dressing and such every so often.

Most of all, I hope we don't have any missions.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

That's awesome. Post a picture, if you can.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Maybe they should rename it 2 Brokeback Girls.

12. Quiet Man

Quiet Man Active Member

I'll also be in Vegas. My sister will make a fantastic meal I'm certain.

Draft saved Draft deleted