1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanksgiving menu: turkey, cranberries and anal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Nov 19, 2012.

1. My wife loves it.
    She and my sisters have been going for years. This year my wife drove two hours to meet sisters Nos. 1 and 3. They shopped for 12 hours and she got home around 10 a.m. this morning with a truck full of crap.
    They really enjoy it.
    It is busy, but they have never had a bad experience.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Maybe its something in my chromosone makeup, but never figured out the attraction. Has the act of giving been replace by the hype of must-buy-on-this-day? And us media-types fall for it every year.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

We don't. My parents live out of state, and she goes with her sister and mom every year.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I was joking.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I halfway figured, but I'm still working on letting go and this is good therapy.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Set a record for sandwiches today and there is enough left to break it tomorrow. I knew cooking 66 pounds of turkey would pay off.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving was pretty brief for me.

Went to the in-laws. Mrs. Bubbler was a bit behind getting some food ready and we got there late. The in-laws had already started eating, which I sort of get and sort of don't (her sisters have been late before and they waited) which honked her off.

The turkey was definitely picked over, which was sort of rude to a degree. I have no idea whether my wife called and said we'd be late or not.

But I settled in, expecting to be there into the early evening hours, per usual. Just before halftime of the Dallas-Washington game, she said, "Are you ready to go?" I was actually surprised. I was like, "Er, OK?"

On the way home, she was like, "I really didn't want to go today anyway."

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It's funny ... the turkey itself has become almost an afterthought on our last few Thanksgiving spreads, because my wife, daughter, son-in-law and myself keep raising the bar on the side dishes.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Holy hell!

Saw this recipe here on the thread, thought it looked good, sent it over to my wife and she said, "We're making that or a Basque cake."

Went with the corn. Good choice. First of the sides to be completely gone at the family dinner...picky brother in law in particular raved about it. It's a great find. Thanks, Shot!

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Recipes or GTFO

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Really glad you liked it.

The three tablespoons of JD led to two hefty glasses of JD before dinner. :)

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

66? Good God, man. That's a lot of turkey.

Draft saved Draft deleted