1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanksgiving menu: turkey, cranberries and anal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I just wrote that so you would click on the thread.

What's everybody serving up this year?

Anything new? Anybody have any questions out there (related to Thanksgiving)? Anybody want to share recipes since there are virtually no sites on the Internet where one can find any?

Nothing too exciting here...I do have to come up with some Thankgiving hors d'oeuvres. I'm thinking about cranberry crostini...perhaps with goat or camembert cheese...still working it out...

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Just try and get on the couch before the beagle, Creosote. :)

3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

We're hosting either 22, 23 or 24 people, depending on if a couple of folks bring their significant others. Not doing turkey this year. Instead, we're serving pork tenderloin with a mustard-thyme sauce. We'll also do broccoli with balsamic glaze and homemade butterhorn rolls. Lots of other folks are contributing as well. Looking forward to it. It'll be the first big meal we've hosted since an engagement party for my wife's nephew and his fiance a few years ago. Unlike that shindig, everyone is looking forward to Thursday.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My son and I are cooking for 30. Four hours away. I have food stored in about six different places. Good thing is we're venturing to a dog-friendly place so we'll have about 10 dogs there as well. I will spend most of my time with them.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Coincidentally, anal.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Is there another way to stuff a turkey?

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Bring 'em on. There is no such thing as too many dogs.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Hey, speaking of anal, some of you all may want to consider that avenue. This is a popular week for drunken porking. If you're not looking for offspring in August, take some precautions.

Versatile, is your keyboard on The Pill?

9. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Heading to Vegas, letting Emeril plan the menu this year....

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Mom and sister doing the cooking. I'm keeping the nieces and nephews out of the kitchen with the distraction of bringing my beagle along to Fort Fun. And I get to meet the new niece, who was born Friday morning.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Speaking of assholes.....

:)

I KID! I KID!

Happy Thanksgiving all!

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

... And 2012 was always remembered as the time Moddy's family was introduced to Chinese turkey.

Draft saved Draft deleted