1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanksgiving final course: Punk beats up his sister's girlfriend

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Nov 27, 2012.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If there is ever a case for a hate crime, this would seem to be one of them.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm sure you could get him for a hate crime as well.

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Holy shit ... I really can't fathom how someone can do that to another person. And three punches? That's bullshit. Look, I don't know what second-degree assault is, but that's a vicious beating.

5. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it need to be proven that the assailant indeed hates gay people?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

From the story --- Friends and family say the beating was motivated by the relationship between Owens and Hawkins's sister, Ally Hawkins. The two have been dating for about a year, according to Godwin.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the day (very soon) when Hawkins is in the hospital with 2 broken arms and 2 broken legs and a bashed skull.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Again, just a very stern warning about the picture included.

I have never seen a human face shaped that way. I am a wimp for that stuff. Wish i wouldn't have clicked.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

So Mobile County whiffed on attempted murder and a hate crime. Bet it's pled down to "Harassment."

10. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Make no mistake, I am not condoning this at all (see my first post), but from the story, it just says the relationship provoked the attack. How can we be certain that he wouldn't have done this to a boyfriend he didn't like? For a hate crime, wouldn't you need a history on which to base a claim? I could be wrong, just wondering.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is one of the most depressing stories I've read in a long time. I hope there's enough social pressure and a further investigation that leads to real charges, but in that locale I doubt that will happen.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Hate crime aside, this piece of shit has some serious karma coming his way for doing that to a woman. He's going to be on the other end of things soon -- and hopefully often.

Any yeah, no way that was done in three punches.

Draft saved Draft deleted