1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks to SJ ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

... a stringer was able to get his story in tonight.

His freebie Yahoo! account was taking for-damn-ever to get the story to me. So long, in fact, it has still not arrived more than 45 minutes after he sent it.

Suddenly, he had a brainstorm. "I'll send it to you via SJ." Bingo. It was here within seconds.

So, thanks SJ.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You're welcome.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I know this isn't the first time someone has filed via SJ. Wonder how often it's done?

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I <3 cyberspace.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was me.
    I should actually thank football_bat because he was the one who inspired me, seems like I recall f_b filing a story via the PM.
    The school's ISP blocked all the e-mail websites because they didn't want the kiddies looking at The Pron and such.

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Awesome. Go SJ.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Had to PM a gamer once because the school had Yahoo, MSN, MySpace and Facebook blocked.

Spent a good 30 minutes trying to find a way to send, and i got the story in with 20 minutes to spare.

8. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

One of the stringers at my old paper couldn't get his e-mail to work or send or something, so he ended up posting the story as a comment on one of the sports blogs (that folks had edit access to so they could take it down after the fact). I think the schools had e-mails blocked, but not the newspaper site! :)

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

SportsJournalists.com saved my life once.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i wonder how many times sj has been used to "talk" about a co-worker sitting in the next desk?

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I wish I could do that. But my computer is at a bad angle.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We're a full service site here, folks.
    I sent some info to a paper about an event they were unable to staff via PM.
    SJ - a necessary part of every journalist's tool box.

We need to put that on a t-shirt.

Draft saved Draft deleted