1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks to Deadspin, I've found some Chris Berman work I won't mute

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ondeadline, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Hey, Chris.

[​IMG]

2. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

I've always enjoyed when people have meltdowns or or go on loud tirades at work. I bet most editors and reporters have done it.

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Are the meltdowns that feature athletes ragging on media types, like Goose Gossage and Tommy Lasorda in postgamers, available anywhere on the world wide Web?

4. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

YouTube.

5. Google is your friend

6. It was great until the last line.
    The last line made it immortal.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

A buddy and I were hanging around the Horse Trailer in Detroit before the Super Bowl two years ago. Saw a bunch of ESPN guys, Stuart Scott, John Clayton.. Really cool. Posed for pictures.

Berman was a huge dick. Only guy all weekend who wouldnt talk to us.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="
    ">So now he's advocating smuggling into the U.S. from Canada some sort of drug containing codine?</a>

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

As much as I love these little videos that show Berman to be a foul-mouthed, pompous, lecherous blowhard, there are two things I love even more:

1. The mental image of Berman stomping around and trying to ferret out the little bastard who's circulating this stuff and
    2. Knowing that he wakes up every morning wondering when the next one is going to surface and how bad it's going to make him look.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It's one of two things:

1. Someone who recently left ESPN and doesn't give a damn about being caught posting this stuff.
    2. Someone who works there now and just found these tapes.

11. Da-da-dum, DA-da dum!

[​IMG]

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted