1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks to Deadspin, I've found some Chris Berman work I won't mute

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ondeadline, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If I had to list the worst people I have ever dealt with in this business, Berman is right at the top...

Even DJ Stewy has his rare moments where he seems like a decent human being... Berman, not so much...

The majority of the people at ESPN (but not management) despise him.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

And he's the same size as Charlie Weis...

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

would love to hear from our tv folks if he's completely out of line and just an asshole -- or if he has an understandable gripe

4. markvid

markvid Guest

If I remember correctly, they stuck that pregame show in the ESPNZone in NYC.
    How they do TV out of there is beyond me, it's a zoo.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I say understandable. If there is a lot going on back there that's distracting, I'm not sure I'd stay calm about it either.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Goddamn it! Do you people have any fucking idea how hard it is to come up with these fucking nicknames when you're rumbling, bumbling, stumbling around? Yakking like you're Hubie Babbling Brooks? It's like a fucking Eagles concert in here! I can check in any time I want, but I can never leave! And you, fucking college intern guy...

Tom Jackson: From!?

Intern: Northwestern!

Right, Northwestern guy, or as I call you, Andy North-Western Union, are you fucking kidding me? It's like you've never fucking worked in TV before the way you're walking around. You what? You haven't? Well what the in name of Jesus Skip To My Alou are you fucking doing here? I just want to read some highlights, hit up a George Taco Bell, sit on the throne for half an hour, then head down to the hotel bar and try to convince some sluts to do a little sleeping with Bienemy. You cocksuckers. It's like I'm dealing with Larry Self Centers on this fucking set. I'll tell ya, Damion was right. It don't come Easley in this profession.

Give me a fucking Diet Cola. It's late September and I really should be back in school.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's like no one has ever worked on TV before.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

thanks markvid.

i hate giving him the benefit of the doubt, but, well, you know...

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Any time, Hoops.
    And I will say for the record, times I've met him and worked with him as a stage manager, he could not have been nicer.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I would say it's understandable to be distracted...but that level of assholishness? I think saying once "Hey, could you sit your ass down while we're live?" is not out of the question.

That? That's out of the question.

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Thanks for the laugh, DD :D

12. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

The TMZ of sports strikes again. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted