1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks for that, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 8, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Who's ready for 12 straight episodes of the Fresh Prince? It probably goes without saying that I'm good for at least four or five.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Or that episode of Cheers, where Norm comes in from a hard day of commuting to Cheers from home, and he says, "afternoon everybody," and the whole bar screams "Norm." Then Woody asks something to the tune of "what's going on," and Norm responds with something funny.

Or when Carla makes fun of Cliff and Sam hits on Diane or Rebecca. ;D

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

A great line from Fresh Prince:

Carlton: Geoffrey, can you make me a sandwich?
    Geoffrey: (Reaches for a slice of bread and places it on Carlton's head) There. Now you're a sandwich.

I love this show.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Ah ha ha ha ha ... I was reading up on my 80s sitcoms (why? don't ask) and stumbled upon this graphic:

[​IMG]

5. Flash

Flash Guest

And this ...

[​IMG]

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh, Alf. What a crazy Melmacian.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Well, it's well-known that Alf did have a craving for pussycats, but if I though ALF would've bypassed the MILF in favor of the daughter.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I never noticed this before now.

I'm watching another three-plus hours of the Fresh Prince tonight, and I heard something that stole my attention. In "Where There's a Will," the new actress for Vivian, Daphne Maxwell Reid, makes her debut. Obviously, she's a little bigger and much lighter in skin tone. Jazz walks into the kitchen while Will's holding the baby and starts talking to Vivian. He says, "Something about you looks different. ..." Then the camera cuts to Will, who's carrying Nicky to his stroller. Will just looks at the camera for about five seconds with an "oh, shit" reaction.

Then, once Will sees that the new stroller Jazz "bought" for Nicky has someone else's initials stitched onto it, Jazz is heaved onto the back patio in a third shirt.

This night counts as a victory for me.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hey, mikey, the episode where will runs into jackie is on right now.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I saw Part 1 at 3 a.m. Now it's unfolding. This is great stuff.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I love this show! :D

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't remember seeing an episode I didn't like. I can't say that about many shows: Seinfeld, King of Queens, Saved By The Bell, Family Guy. This is an elite one, in my opinion.

Draft saved Draft deleted