1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks for that, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Ugh.

Tonight's rerun episode is the one with Vanessa Williams as a (very pregnant) sportswriter who Will idolizes. He helps her in her Lamaze class, and right now she's having the baby in her limo after the game.

To Will: "I owe you one. I'm covering the Laker game this Saturday. Would you like to watch it from the press box?"

And they apparently went in a limo, to boot.

Damn. I've always thought I was born about 15 years too late, considering the state of the business; now it's confirmed. You guys used to ride in LIMOS to games? And got to bring your buddies into the press box?

Wow.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Upset of the century: This thread was not started by mike311gd.

3. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

I need to read the board more.

This dude has taken on cult status.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh, cradle, he's pretty fucking good.

BYH said he'd probably only last six seconds with mike.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Get with the times, CR. :D

6. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

I've been busy having sex snowboarding.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Mike can do no wrong.

Well, except when he's within 150 miles of anyone with an extra X chromosome.

8. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Game, set , match BYH

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

So women don't like me. I can deal with that. What I can't deal with, however, is anyone speaking negatively about the Fresh Prince. And even though I don't think Mr. Rasputin was doing that, just the thread title caused my heart to race. It's not cool to wake up at 11 a.m. and already know that's the most stimulation your heart is going have all fucking day. ...

That's probably the episode I've seen the least on the series -- three times, I think ... maybe four. I like when Will steals Vivian's pillow to give it to Danny Mitchell. Although sometimes careless, Will is such a class act. Sure, he might occasionally act like a pimp and accept a motorcycle or get arrested and put Uncle Phil in a bind during his campaign or storm the Oprah set and humiliate his family (I watched from 1-3:30 a.m. last night, too), but Will is a kind, caring soul at heart. And him helping Danny out in her time of need was the icing on the cake.

If he plays his cards right, he should go on to have a very successful career. My fingers are crossed for you, Will.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

There's being right and there's being nice, TSP.

12. The whole thing that bothered me about that episode is that they tried somehow to work in that it was Vanessa Williams so, as like a final throw-away line, she looks at the baby and says "We saved the best for last." Are you telling me that on a brilliant show like Fresh Prince, they couldn't slyly work that in somewhere?

Freakin' A.

Draft saved Draft deleted