1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks for all the ink, now drop dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by pressmurphy, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Me neither.
    Still manages to piss me off.

2. micke77

micke77 Member

we had a media luncheon at local D-I school today and an area TV reporter showed up for first time all basketball season. floored everybody, including SID who made some snide, "well, glad you could find time to make it over here" remarks. and this station is 20 minutes away.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I always hated working for a paper that covered dozens of high schools and getting the snide remarks from coaches and ADs about finally making it to one of their games.

Hey, thanks for making me feel welcome, jerks.

See you in 2025.

4. micke77

micke77 Member

Ace...I'm with you on that for damn sure. Ain't dat da truth? In fact, it happened to me last night. Because of the local D-I school now having most of its games on the very same nights as the local high schools (go figure), I haven't been to as many prep games as in other years. So go to one of the schools I usually cover last night for the first time this season. The minute I walk in, the coaches start in with the oft-used shit phrase of, "well, this must be a big game if you're here tonight." makes you wanna turn around and walk right back out..i knew i was gonna hear it, but it was still a pisser.

Draft saved Draft deleted