1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks, Dad -- your kid Jay (Mariotti)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JuneBug1, Jun 25, 2006.

1. JuneBug1

JuneBug1 Member

Like I said, kudos to the Post-Gazette for telling the Mariottis where to stick that letter.

2. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

You are probably right, and that makes this portion of the fiasco even sadder.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Why would anybody in Pittsburgh give a shit about the Mariotti-Guillen thing?

What's the Steeler angle?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So, Jay's not only a mommy's boy, but a daddy's boy too. :D :D

I wonder-wonder-wonder if Jay had anything to say when Jeff George's mommy came out to carry him off the field. I suspect maybe he did, but if not, we can all guess how it would have gone.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You know, if we merged all these mariotti/guillen threads, we might bump off the Albom thread.  Not a good idea, just a prediction.

Anyway.

Completely disagree that Jay would tell his father to write that....surely he has other weapons with which to defend or explain himself.  That is the (misguided) work of  a proud father, who undoubtedly does not like seeing his son being beat up, figuratively and, if you believe Jay, literally.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't the Post-Gazette run the letter? It has a letters to the editor section in op-ed, right? As long as the paper can verify that it's Mariotti's dad, why not run it there?

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Because they get plenty of letters every day and they ought to run the letters that are most relevant to what's going on in Pittsburgh...and some dope writing about a made-for-ESPn argument going on in Chicago isn't that important to the average Pittsburgh resident.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Aw c'mon Webby, we go way back...50 cents? Gotta be worth at least two bucks to you. Or I'll spot you the 6-ball for three bucks. ;D

9. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I have been known to be a bit of a gambler. :)

10. greenie

greenie Member

Daddy might want to share this thought with his boy:

First, a journalist's job is to report stories, although you may not always agree with it.

11. You know if Mariotti's dad is a butler then that would explain a lot. No wonder Mariotti is so picky, finicy and no wonder people question his sexuality (butlers seem to be almost asexual).

If his dad had been something more manly like an iron worker then people wouldn't be calling him a fag.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

With all due respect, this is the sort of "column" that you'd expect see in the Podunk Chronicle.

That was just plain embarrassing.

Draft saved Draft deleted