1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks, Dad -- your kid Jay (Mariotti)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JuneBug1, Jun 25, 2006.

1. JuneBug1

JuneBug1 Member

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_459533.html

2. offbeat

offbeat Member

That's embarassingly awful.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Interest that Jay's dad neglects to mention his son's lack of legwork in doing his job.

Maybe laziness runs in the Mariotti family.

4. JuneBug1

JuneBug1 Member

The word from a friend in Pittsburgh is that Old Man Mariotti sent the same letter to the Post-Gazette.
    They chose to not print it (which in my mind is the right decision). So then he shopped it over at the Trib, and, in typical Trib minor-leagueness, they printed it.

5. The butler did it!

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Boy, between his dad's letter and that column...Jay comes across as being an overly sensitive 14 year old girl with PMS.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

His dad is a butler??

What does this mean,

Geno Mariotti
    Butler

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That's one of those towns out in flyover country.

9. I think he got in an accident but did not have insurance so the judge made him be the victims butler.

10. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

When did Jay ever report a story, Mr. Mariotti? He doesn't report; he opines.

11. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I've got 50 cents that says Jay wrote the letter himself and had his dad pitch it to the paper. (Please note, I have no inside knowledge regarding this matter and it is pure conjecture on my part. Please don't sue me.)

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No bet. You're probably right. Jay likely at least pitched the idea to his dad.

Draft saved Draft deleted