1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks, Dad (***UPDATED***)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tripp McNeely, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Sorry to hear the bad news Tripp. You're a good dude and I know you will get through this.

2. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

My condolences Tripp.

My father lost his battle with cancer over a decade ago but it still seems like yesterday that he was going through it. His was pretty fast as he refused to see a doctor until four month before he died. His rapid degeneration was painful to watch but it allowed us the time to set everything straight from a bumpy relationship from when he was healthy. I can now look back with a smile.

So my advice is remember the good and laugh about the bad times. As the Robin Williams charater in Good Will Hunting said, "remember the little things because that's the good stuff."

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

A very ominous thread. RIP Tripp.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Indeed. I guess he just couldn't pull out of his down mood.

RIP Tripp.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, the poster known as Tripp McNeely died Wednesday.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/57956/

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm playing "Beautiful Child" in Tripp's honor.

RIP, man.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

... 'Cause you had more to give, than what I took" -- Kevin Gilbert "Song for a Dead Friend"

Draft saved Draft deleted