1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks again, AP

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Kolchak

Kolchak Active Member

The AP sent out a list of the NBA's top 25 career leading scores last night after Lebron broke the record. Guess which player's career total they got wrong.

2. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

Many moons ago, our state AP sent agate on a statewide golf tournament. Guess whose name was left out .... our publisher. He was not pleased. Yelled at us because nobody looked through the scores (I'm not sure we knew he was playing), then had one of us (me) call our AP bureau and bitch at them.

Liut and HanSenSE like this.
  3. Kolchak

Kolchak Active Member

Today's NHL standings have the last-place San Jose Sharks clinching a playoff spot.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Thanks AP, that your NCAA stories for the Sweet 16 are focus on basketball....except the Texas one that is about a player on the team playing despite his domestic abuse case. real great preview thanks to early deadlines.

5. Della9250

Thanks AP, because apparently there are no individual team MLB Previews, or if there are, they won't move in time for anybody without good deadlines from getting them in their Thursday editions.

6. Della9250

Impressive feat to win a title seven years before you exist. From the Pistons coaching change story:

Casey was the league’s coach of the year in 2018 after his seventh and final season in Toronto. He helped the Raptors to six straight playoff appearances before giving way to Nick Nurse, who coached the franchise to the 1989 NBA title.

7. Della9250

I guess it was his evil twin then:

NEW YORK (AP) — Mets pitcher Maz Scherzer was suspended for 10 games by Major League Baseball on Thursday following his ejection for having a foreign substance on his hand during a game.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I really don't know the answer and I'm not trying to troll: Does AP have a copy desk anymore? Do assignment/department editors read everything?

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yogi Bear watched his walkoff homer that ended the 1960 World Series.

dixiehack and Batman like this.
  10. Kolchak

Kolchak Active Member

Ever look at the transactions? The city or nickname are regularly misspelled. Or the team is listed under the wrong sport.

11. Kolchak

Kolchak Active Member

In today's transactions, apparently Gotham City FC is a women's soccer team. Does Metropolis have a team? How is Themyscira looking for the next World Cup?

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted