1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks a lot ESPN

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Matt1735, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Watching Ohio State - Florida on ESPN2 while Duke is winning on the main station. They break into the OSU game for the final seconds of Coach K's win.

If I wanted to watch that game, I would have watched... Instead I was watching Ohio State and Florida for a reason.

Then ESPN2 stays with it through a stupid fucking interview.

Really ESPN, I know you and Duke love each other, but if I wanted to watch, I would have.

Thanks.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Blown away Vitale wasn't announcing.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

He was there. On the floor among the photographers, on his knees.

That or he's waiting back at the hotel.

As mentioned on the other thread, this was an ESPN wet dream come true.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Stupid.

But it is ESPN.

5. marvinhall05

marvinhall05 New Member

I wasn't a big fan of the cut into the Duke game...UF was shooting themselves out of the game so I wasn't totally outraged by the change

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's not enough to power-slurp K on one channel, they have to do it on all of them.

7. MileHigh

I think they cut to it on ESPNU, ESPN3 and ESPN Classic.

And of course it's dominating ESPN.com

8. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

What in the blue hell happened that caused the Kansas-Kentucky game to start an hour late? The schedule I have had an 8 p.m. Central time tipoff. Was it wrong?

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You serious?

The Duke-Michigan State game ran long, and it didn't help matters that ESPN had a mini-party for Coach K after the game.

10. MileHigh

They always do that for some stupid reason. Doubleheader at the Garden and you've got 25 minutes between games. College basketball games typically take about two hours, if not more. Duke-Michigan State didn't start until closer till 5:15 MST. Lots and lots of late fouls pushed the ending closer to 7:25, 7:30 MST. Then all the fellatio for Krzyzewski. Then the confetti and Dukie V had to be cleaned up off the court, the other teams had to warm up. Boom, you've got an 8:08 MST start.

11. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

OSU won by 7 on November 15 ... Coach K became Division I's winningest coach ... Real toss-up there.

12. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

No TV here. And our internet is too piddly to run ESPN3. And now I'm going to have to redesign a page because our deadline is 11 p.m.

Draft saved Draft deleted