1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanking the journalism gods

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Dec 5, 2014.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

We have a lot of threads complaining about what we do, how about something positive? I had one of those days yesterday.

Our area was hit hard by storms overnight so I went out looking for a stories and photos Thursday morning. I found a car that was stranded in about three feet of water, and the owner happened to show up about five minutes later to tow it out, making for a nice yarn and pictures.

I then went to check on some road damage in a neighboring city, and the public works director pulled in right behind me, so I didn't have to search him out later for details.

Next I had to set up an interview for an article I'm writing for Monday and the guy was only available at 7 a.m. today, two hours before I usually start my shift. But then I bumped into him at a restaurant last night and we talked while waiting for our orders.

So not every day sucks. How about some other success stories.

Draft saved Draft deleted