1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank You, Phil Mushnick: Reggie Bush (and his media flaks), douchenozzle(s)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Jan 28, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Here's the link:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01282007/sports/bush_flak_sports_phil_mushnick.htm?page=2

I couldn't agree more with his take on Bush's classless antic.

Fox Sports Radio's hosts, including John Fricke (who picked the Saints and is a Bush lover) had the Bush apology cued up and would ceaselessly play it whenever a caller brought up the play. An embarrasing ploy even Karl Rove wouldn't have tried back when he was a young pup helping the Nixon administration.

Here's a thought: Don't do stupid things that lead opposing teams to 23 point runs, and you don't have to apologize.

It's unbelievable, Fricke and FSR NFL scout Chris Landry (especially Fricke) where still saying stupid shit about the Bears getting fired up over Bush's play, like it was the Bears fault that Bush made an ass out of himself and swung the momentum the Bears' way.

This is why I can't stand Bush, because of fawning media losers like Fricke. It's not Bush, it's the media who just can't stop singing his praises. Shut up, already. You're ruining the kid (and he's ruining himself) before he even has a chance. We've seen this movie before, with Vick, McNabb and even Brady. The media who just won't shut up about their greatness creates a lot of animosity towards them because people get tired of having them shoved down their throats.

Bush is already dangerously near that territory (or past it, depending on your view), and he just ignominiously finished his first season. Please media jocksniffers, stop. Not for your sake, but for his.

2. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Re: Thank You, Phil Mushnick: Reggie Bush (and his media flaks), douchenozzle(s

If you're coming to the site, you know we're big Bush fans. He might be the most entertaining player in the league to watch. Possibly in all of sports.
    Think 'classless' is a bit harsh to describe the point and flip into the endzone ... but hey, everyone's got an opinion.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Call it crappy judgment . . . which, given what just could happen to USC, needs to be worked on,
    and upgraded, pronto.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Oh, yeah, BL, I saw your guys' coverage of Bush, for sure. And I loved the KO of the UFC guy. That was sweet! You guys kick ass, I don't care if you like Reggie. I won't hold it against you. Ha ha.

I'm just tired of the fawning over "Hey-Zeus in Cleats." It's like I said, I don't dislike Bush nearly as much as I dislike the John Frickes and Jason Smiths of the world going ga-ga over him. That's what drives me nuts. Cut the spin, please. I mean Colin Cowherd bent so far backwards to protect Bush after the latest came out that it was just vomit-inducing. That's just my angle. :)

5. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

If you listen to John Fricke (or anything on Fox Sports Radio other than Czaben, Siciliano or Ben Maller) you get what you deserve. Fricke's a blowhard who's bounced from gig to gig and town to town for a reason - he's not very good.

6. Jesus.
    If you hate an athlete because of the attention paid to that athlete by other people, you need some bolts tightened. You don't have to resent players because of what's written about them. It's not a rule.

7. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

I have far less of a problem with an over-excited young football player getting lost in the moment than Fox's network culture (cheap, loud, sensationalized, defiantly dumbed-down). Goes to the character of the boss.

And Mushnick's compass is, as always, dead true.

YHS, etc

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Siciliano's ears are HUGE!

9. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

No argument there - his emergence on TV has surprised me. He does a professional job on the radio, though.

10. Phil Mushnick -- moral conscience and defender of Marv Albert. Protector of lost media innocence and career Murdoch functionary.
    The national maiden aunt.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I'm forced to listen to Fox Sports radio because that's the only thing I can get(don't have Sirius). I actually think JT the Brick(and Tom Looney) is better than Siciliano.

12. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Bastard,

If he won't defend Marv, who will?

Speakin of biting the hand ...

YHS, etc

Draft saved Draft deleted