1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank you letters?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Money007, Apr 18, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Sorry I never sent you a thank you note.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

If you ever dressed in leather pants and a jacket, at least I know they wouldd be painfully fashionable.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i sent frank a thank-you note for not doing as much.

4. I like to write thank you notes during the interview and then hand it to them when the interview comes to an end. Works all the time!

5. Anonymous135

Anonymous135 Member

Forgot to send a thank-you/follow-up email for an interview I had last Friday. Thought of it Monday, but at that point figured I might seem desperate. Planning to follow-up next Friday (two weeks) if I don't get a call.

Are they really that essential in this field?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Nine years, almost to the day.
    Nine. Years.
    Nine years!?

7. Anonymous135

Anonymous135 Member

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

They are not essential but always a good idea.

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Did you read the thread? Yeah, there's off-topic stuff, but the question did get addressed.

10. Anonymous135

Anonymous135 Member

Not really. The focus of the thread is, What's better: A handwritten note or an email?

Curious about the odds of the note actually impacting the hiring decision, or if passing over the *common courtesy* is nothing to beat yourself up over.

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

If you're applying for a job in journalism, no one expects you to afford a stamp, envelope, or paper.

Tweener and wicked like this.
  12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Using "impact" as a verb might actually influence or affect the hiring decision, though.

Tweener likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted