1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank you, LeBron!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Jul 8, 2006.

1. OK, Cavs. No excuses.
    Build the damn team around him now.

2. sportsed

sportsed Guest

True fucking that.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

They need to trade Zyndrunas as soon as possible.

4. sportsed

sportsed Guest

Lebrony would no-likey.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Ah, cut the Cav fans a little slack. The real team in that town, the Indians, aren't doing much this year so Cleveland's gotta have somethin' to talk about.

I am glad to see LeBron resigned, though. If he thought about holding out for more, newsflash: 5 yrs, $80 M is all you get, Mr. James!

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Actually the Browns are the real team in this town.

Let's face it -- NYC, Chicago, L.A., all those towns have been done. Frazier, Jordan, Magic, Kareem, they've won it all in the big cities. LeBron would just be following a path instead of blazing a trail if he went to any of those towns.

But where else than Cleveland can someone square off against God?? God's been fucking with our teams for 40 years, and now LeBron's putting on the armor to take him on, to take the curse of Cleveland on, to take on everything bad that's ever happened in this city. He's looking God in the eye and saying, "Bring it on."

Should be an interesting few years.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Good to see Lebron saying in Cleveland.

I'm a half-hearted NBA fan, at best, but the business structure to keep stars in place certain seems like a great thing for the league.

If franchise players have the desire to stay put, money can't be an excuse to bolt to a big market.

It was probably an easy choice to avoid a big-market coast team, considering the the Knicks' recent history and Kobe's king status with the Lakers.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I can't stand the Browns or Tribe, but the Cavs, I can support them. It's good to see LeBron stay in Cleveland, simply because the powers that be who thought he could market himself better in New York, New Jersey, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc., thought that's what he should do.

It's great for the Cavs -- not to mention the NBA -- that he calls Cleveland home.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Now he just has to make a crucial mistake at a critical time, and then he'll fit right in.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And Dye twists the knife already in the hearts of Cleveland fans. Well played! :D

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This is why plagiarism was invented. I should steal this line for my blog!

12. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

New Orleans Saints fanbase - also deserving of any bright light to shine on its wretched minnions - has pinnied its hopes on a yet-unproven LeBronesque figure.
    Reggie Bush.

Draft saved Draft deleted