1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank you, LeBron!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Tha fuck you talkin' bout, Moddy? Go watch sum Golden Gurls.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If you aren't around people from Cleveland much, you don't understand how deep their feelings toward their home town teams run, nor will you get the depth of their fandom nor how convinced some of them are that all Cleveland teams are cursed.

This should make the Cleveland guy in my shop ecstatic today.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm sure the city of Cleveland will go on now to do big and great things now that LeBron is signed.

The city might not have ever recovered? Oh, please. The whole city.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Yes, the city of Cleveland would have continued to exit on the Erie River, Mr. Take Everything Literally. For future reference, when I say that I died on the day that Paul Molitor signed with the Blue Jays, that does mean my earthly existence ceased. When I say that the Brewers future makes me more excited than BYH around Scarlett Johannsen, that does not mean I ejaculate every eight seconds that I think about the Brewers future. Just wanted to clear everything up.

5. sportsed

sportsed Guest

When Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Carmello Anthony all signed at, basically, their first chance and King James did not, and given Cleveland's history of shitburgers, um, yes, I was a little worried.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Shitburger?

[​IMG]

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

All valid points, however, as some ESPN guy (I can't recall which one, I was a tad hungover, damn whiskey) said early this morning, King James took his sweet time deciding on a lot of things and this wasn't totally out of character for him.

8. Colton

Colton Active Member

Considering the way the season has gone for the Local 9 around these parts, a welcome breath of fresh air.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

How you doing, Colton?

10. Colton

Colton Active Member

Mark,

I'm hanging in there, buddy, thanks. Enjoying the slower pace of the summer. You?

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Well, he only started coming through in the clutch midway through this season. It took making his first game-winning shot to elevate to the next level, which explains' the Cavs' playoff run.

That said, how didn't he win MVP this season with 31.4 ppg, 7 rpg and 6.0 apg? Damn fine numbers.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

My summer is always anything but slow

;D

Draft saved Draft deleted