1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank you, FSU, for screwing up my college football pick'em week

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stretch15, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

FSU has something like 70 yards rushing in two games...........that's just sad.

2. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

stretch, i see what you're saying...but Leak hasn't been that bad. Give the guy some credit for playing as well as he has in an offense not too suited for him.

I am sure Meyer is looking forward to next year, but now, with this team, Leak is the quarterback Florida will need to have a strong run.

3. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Break - I know Leak hasn't been that bad. Believe me, I want him to succeed as much as anybody. And he has done well to adapt to Meyer's offense. If only he were just a little bit more mobile. ;-)

But, I'm telling you, when Tebow takes over and Urban breaks out all of his tricks, it will be a joy to behold. Watching Urban and the Utes go 12-0 and totally dismantle everybody in their path was amazing. That offense was so much fun to watch...you never knew where the ball was going, and neither did the opposing defenses.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

As long as we are cursing the messers Bowden for screwing the pick 'em pooch, Tommy's Tigers did me no favors today.

5. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

I had Clemson as well - 14 points down the drain.

My picks started off on a wonderful note when Michigan failed to cover the spread. 16 points.

Tennessee cost me another 20 points. FSU 22.

Screw the Bowden family and Rocky Top.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Tennessee cost me the most points today ... which I would have been dandy fine with if DeBerry hadn't had a brain freeze and kicked the PAT. With that kind of military strategy, I now understand how we're getting boat raced in Iraq.

7. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Dixie - you don't believe in the "go for the tie at home and the win on the road" strategy? ;D

Very gutsy call.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The big ons I missed were Tennessee (14 points) and Michigan (13). I can't complain. After how poorly I did last week, this is great.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Joker's Jackoffs suffered mightily. We're well on our way to the cellar -- and it ain't even week 3 yet.

10. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I've picked 32 correct of the 43 games played in the first two weeks. So, why don't I have the cajones to go to my favorite bookie and put a bill on each game?

Had I done so, I'd be sitting on $3,090 right now. :-[

Draft saved Draft deleted