1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank you, FSU, for screwing up my college football pick'em week

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stretch15, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

I would like to take this opportunity thanks the entire Bowden family for royally screwing up my weekly college football pick'em selections. 22 points down the drain.

I'm assuming there are other members of R.I.P. JP that are in the same boat.

Thank you Bobby...thank you Jeffy.

This game also shows just how far the Canes have slipped this year.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

ME TOO. I am tired of losing games I shouldn't lose because of the effing spread.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Jeff Bowden couldn't coordinate a running game if he was using Erk Russell's playbook.

It's my fervent hope that Terry, not Jeff, will take over in Tally after Bobby retires.

4. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Speaking for Florida alums everywhere, I hope that Jeff is given the keys to the FSU kingdom.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

I look forward to Chris Leak's introduction to Buster Davis, deep in the Gator backfield.

Repeatedly. ;D

6. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Who knows...by that time, Tebow could be running the show. Folks got a glimpse of what the Gator offense is supposed to look like with Tebow at the helm.

7. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

FSU was begging for a letdown on a short week after an unspectacular victory.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

Different QB, same result. ;D

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Were there any "Fire Jeff" signs at Doak tonight?

10. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

Leak will not be replaced by Tebow this year. Look at his numbers over the first two weeks. Leak has been very good, once he got used to the offense and they tailored it to his abilities more. Tebow will start next year, with getting in at some points in every game like he has. Nothing else, unless Leak gets hurt.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Actually, the mighty Troy Trojans brought daddy 12 points. FSU's lack of running game is no fluke.

12. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

With an inexperienced offensive line in front of him, the chances of Leak getting hurt are decent.

After watching the Urban Meyer offense in full bloom in Utah, I bet a part of him is salivating for next season to come quickly, when he can break out the other half of his offensive playbook.

And I wouldn't put too much stock in Leak's numbers against Central Florida. I was going to say the real season starts next week at Rocky Top, but after the Air Force Academy nearly knocked off the Vols, Leak's first big challenge may not come until LSU.

Draft saved Draft deleted