1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank you for your support

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Jul 6, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

A clock marking how long it's been since the JRC chair announced he has cancer again?
    Barrel o' monkeys, that is.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The only thing I didn't like was the cancer reference. Everything else was interesting -- it was DyePack'esque. I'm interested to know how someone I know there, and respect in the highest esteem, fares in his attempt to right the ship. I know he will.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

No he won't.

JRC is where passionate people go to have their souls sucked out.

Trust me. One of my best friends from college took over a paper in Connecticut. He was never any happier than the day he got the job...and never any more despondent than the day before he quit. any ideas he had were discarded, because it's easier to do nothing and make oodles of money than do something and MAYBE make more oodles of money. Better to stick with what got you there, which was doing nothing and alientaing the readership.

The only people who are happy at the JRC are those who just do not give a shit about journalism or quality.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Well, I'll give him a year in the darkroom to see what develops. He's quality people.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i have my boy to throw in the mix in this story as well. love the guy like a brother; he got fucked by bob and the fellas.

i appreciate these folks' passion, to be honest.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I think they're a bunch of bitter dicksnorts.

That's shotglass, small s.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dicksnorts? yes, shottie.

passionate dicksnorts? hell yes.

8. wow, nice to see I finished second behind Frank. That's quite an honor.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

The cancer thing went way, Way, WAAAAAAAY too far.

Everything else? spot on.

If you worked there, you'd be a passionately bitter fucking dicksnort too.

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Any of these Canadian?

Also, FOF voted second worst. Who voted on this? I totally disagree with this result. Protest.

11. You saying I should be No. 1? ;)

12. Flash

Flash Guest

I would expect nothing less of the HMFIC of the Flash Marines.

By the way, I was going to go with Rangers but I thought our American friends wouldn't get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted