1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank you for not smoking

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Jul 23, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Florida. :) Clean air smells nice.

2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Love it.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, there is nothing better than coming home from dinner at a nice restaurant and having to dry clean everything you're wearing because despite sitting in the non-smoking section, you still smell like an ashtray.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Smoking is pretty much verboten anywhere in Toronto--probably most places in Canuckistan for that matter. That includes restaurants, bars, pubs, pool halls, bingo parlours.

Vancouver is going to clamp down even further by outlawing smoking in certain outdoor public places like English Bay Beach.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good luck banning smoking in my homeland. I mean, this is a place where pickup trucks still have bumper stickers with "Tobacco Pays My Bills."

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

There used to be an entire area of SW Ontario where tobacco was the main crop.

Most of those farms have been converted to other crops, notably rapeseed which is used to produce Canola oil.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'm glad SW Ontario evolved, JR. I don't know if my homeland will ever really get it. Peanuts, soybeans and corn grow fairly well here and any of them are better alternatives to tobacco.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This and The Dark Knight....Mizzou and I agree on two things in one day. Should I be frightened?

Draft saved Draft deleted