1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank you for not smoking

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I read it and this part:
    Doesn't even go into the details.

Essentially, you are to light cigarettes for other people with a match. The other person, with a cigarette in their mouth, blows out the match. Each matchstick you have on the table is supposed to be the amount of children you will have.

There are other smoking things going on during weddings as well. I'm not even a smoker and I had nearly two packs during the reception.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

I don't have a problem with it for the simple fact of I've lost count of how many restaurants, etc I've gone in and promptly left because of the cloud of smoke I didn't help produce.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If the $500 million went to an advertising campaign with adults encouraging teens to smoke, no kids would ever start and we'd wipe it out in a generation.'

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So in China, I assume they always stop at one matchstick then?

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Unless it's a pink matchstick.

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

In which case they break it in half, too.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

People in this state got so up in arms about the Legislature not doing anything about it that they passed an amendment to the state constitution banning smoking from almost all public places.

Restaurant profits went up. :)

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This might have something to do with smoking but almost nothing to do with smoking tobacco. :D

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If I weren't in a library, I'd be busting out laughing right now. Great comic work, mike311gd!

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

As long as it is only cigarettes I am fine with it

11. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Conservatives want to breathe clean air, too.

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Which state?

Draft saved Draft deleted