1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank You Apple !

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Earthman, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

But it's not. Overall seems like a very fair settlement. It seems like you are looking
    for a tick in the woodpile that is just not there on this one. Overall I think you would be
    hard-pressed to find many consumers who felt damaged by Apple's action or for that matter
    were even aware.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

All these consumer class actions settlements provide only crappy things. It's how they work. Both sides can claim that the settlement was some huge number, but the actual cost to the company is lower and the plaintiffs' attorneys get their fees paid. Verizon had some settlement a few years back. You got a choice of headphones, a car charger or something else equally cheap. Great.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Moddy said he got $189 in his account. He's happy with that, fine. I just wonder how many people would like an $189 check. If they were given that option, good.

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Who took a whiz in your corn flakes today?

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hell, almost everything I buy is on Amazon so IT is a check as far as I'm concerned. I can even apply the credit to my Prime Pantry account.

I had no idea it was coming so I'm fucking thrilled here. It's not just good for e-books. It's good for anything Amazon sells.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What's Prime Pantry?

7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Groceries.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Seriously? Hadn't realized that. Hot damn - I've got $85 to blow now.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's OK to be a settler.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Awesome, I got 60 bucks.

11. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

$17

I'll end up buying a shitty movie.

Draft saved Draft deleted