1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank the lord, the wait is finally over....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KingOfBedsideManor, Sep 21, 2007.

1. October Road is not brilliant but I watched it and enjoyed it.
    It was one of a handful of shows that ABC has put on Thursdays after Gray's to launch. It's not horrible...if that is a compliment. It is also not "Beautiful Girls" (which is an all-time favorite of mine).
    But the show has some good moments and has potential. And Odette Yustman, who plays the other love interest of the main guy, is absolutely stunning.
    LINK: http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0756573/Ss/0756573/369_pre.jpg.html?hint=nm0951148

2. I never really watched Ed, but have been waiting for the DVD to check it out. Along the same lines, did anyone watch Cavanaugh's last attempt in TV..."Love Monkey?" CBS cut it after a half-dozen episodes but I liked it. Of course, I don't mind October Road, so maybe I am OK with what most consider shitty TV.

3. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

The rationale behind DVD releases of TV shows is mind-boggling. Shit, they've got "Dharma & Greg" on DVD...but they just started releasing "Family Ties". I think a lot of it has to do with legal stuff, like music rights and royalties. Nowadays, when they start shooting a series, they're already making the DVDs. It ain't like they gotta go track people 5, 10 or 15 years after a show went off the air.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

indeed, i'd love to see her added to the "friday night lights" cast. mmm-mmm.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I loved it. I love anything that Martha Plimpton is in.

Draft saved Draft deleted