1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas U.S. Senate race

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Greenhorn, May 29, 2012.

1. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Perhaps SJers have seen the ads for this race on the website.

Since Kay Bailey Hutchinson is not running it will come down to two main Republicans (since the Texas Democrat Party is basically non-existent): Lt. Governor David Dewhurst (backed by Perry) and Tea Party fave Ted Cruz (backed by Sarah Palin).

Dewhurst is in his late 60s and has been in office for nine+ years. Cruz has never won an election before.

If neither candidate captures 50 percent of the vote, there will be a runoff in July.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Ahem...you're forgetting someone who gets very angry when he and his family don't get their due!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So I guess the fact that he killed five hookers at SMU finally caught up with Craig James...

4. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I can't believe I forgot to include Craig James.....

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hey, Troy Aikman has started doing ads for Leppert. That means he's going to win!

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Dang, I live in Texas and I forgot all about James. Not an auspicious start to a political career ...

7. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

There will be a GOP runoff on July 31 between Dewhurst and Cruz. There will be one for the Dems too, but there hasn't been a Democrat who won a statewide election since 1994.

http://www.statesman.com/news/elections/dewhurst-cruz-in-runoff-for-gop-u-s-2381731.html

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Tough to win an election when that number is less than your YPC.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Leaves ESPN, only to get 4%.

A win-win, for the known world.

Draft saved Draft deleted