1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas / Texas Tech - Game On

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

My Feeling - this has the potential to be one of the great football games of this season.

2. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

Especially if you have something against defense.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't like the Big 12. Don't know why. Just want Bama or Texas to lose this season so PSU can get to the finals.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I think this game has the potential to have a lot of points scored.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

If I didn't have another game to be at this Saturday night, I would be making the 7-hour trek to Lubbock.

Gimme a guess at the line;

UT (-4)

O/U; 85?....higher?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would love for Tech and Penn State to wind up playing in the BCS title game.

I'm so sick of the USCs and Ohio States and every SEC team (except Georgia). Let's get some new teams in there.

Texas will probably beat Tech by 21, but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and root for the upset.

7. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Maybe the wrong thread, but this season and the number of great teams points out the need for a playoff of some kind.

• All the talk about Texas and Alabama and Penn State would be moot if Florida hadn't had a PAT blocked against Ole Miss. Florida wins that game and it's currently number 1, or at worst, number 2.

• All the talk about Texas is moot if Okie St. hits the hail mary, a play which had about as much chance of happening as the blocked PAT.

• Texas Tech may win this game, but will not go unbeaten.

• It is still unfair that the SEC, ACC and Big 12 play championship games (and put an unbeaten season on the line one final time against a quality opponent) and the Little 11 and West Coast 10 do not.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

ATM weeps.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Or, you know, Florida could not get its PAT blocked.

Jeez, I think the Gators are a very good team, but they have no excuse for giving up 31 points and losing to Mississippi at home.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

College football's regular season is the best in sports.

The postseason is the biggest joke in sports.

Why this still has not been fixed is beyond me.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've watched College Football for a long time and this might be the best run by far that it is enjoying.

You have to say its one of the things that ESPN does right. You can now go 4-5 days a week and see a pretty good college game.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Mike Leach vs. Mack Brown ... now there's a battle of coaching giants.

Draft saved Draft deleted