1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas Tech T-shirts

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by txscoop, Oct 8, 2007.

1. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I'm not sure even most Aggies could tell you.

By the way, the Lubbock paper is running an Aggie Joke of the Day on its web site. Don't know what an Aggie Joke is? Just take every ethnic/military joke you've ever heard and change the target group to Aggies.

2. txscoop

txscoop Member

3. KP

KP Active Member

This would be worth a chuckle if it was VT, but here it's just dumb.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Just once I wish the university president would grow a set and ban this shirt at the game.

I know that is totally against everything I believe it but good lord. What an awful idea.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No surprise that Texas Tech wants in on rivalries. My school had a serious issue with it, as well.

Since I went to an engineering school, I'm surprised the school didn't build a bridge and get over it.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think it was Wimp Sanderson who once said "Lubbock is so remote that they don't get the Sunday paper out there until Wednesday."

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Didn't Texas A&M print somethng derogatory in its 2002 or 2003 media guide about TTech? I have a hard time feeling sympathetic towards those kooks that keep dead dogs updated on the game score. Its one thing for fans to be classless, but the school's sports information department?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I liked the wording of the story "T-shirts some find tasteless" and the rest of the people?
    Nothing like people sentenced to a nickel in Lubbock crapping on their counterparts in College Station.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Exactly. Two groups of people whining at each other, and the rest of the world hopes they all DIAF, if they can be bothered to think of them at all.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

DIAF? die in a fire?

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

do they even still have those little readers digest-sized aggie joke books? loved those when i was a kid. and incidentally, they were published by texas a$m press.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yes. They used the write-ups verbatim from the in-house publication and the one from the Texas Tech game took some shots at Bobby Knight.
    They'd done one mailing when it was discovered and had to redo the page and send more out. Fortunately, I got one of the originals.

It was PC at its worst. It wasn't that bad and if it pissed someone off, so what?

Draft saved Draft deleted