1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas roadtrip advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by roxraidersfan, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

In San Antonio, eat at Rosario's, on Alamo Street, and order the chicken white wine enchiladas. It's one of the two best things I've ever eaten in my life. The other is a chocolate chimichanga with a tequila cream sauce at the now-defunct Arizona Bar and Grill in Rosebud, Texas.

http://www.rosariossa.com/

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Wow! Didn't someone on here have a hole in the wall restaurant in San Antonio they were touting?

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Agreed.

4. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Agree on Schlitterbahn, but the original in New Braunfels is definitely the way to go. The one in Galveston is OK in a pinch, but has none of the unique charm of NB.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I suggest South Padre Island. It was very good to me in my college years.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Other than it being in neither Houston nor San Antonio, nor anywhere in between, I concur!

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Hey, I never said I had anything good to bring to the conversation. 8)

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If you're looking for some cool pit stops, stop at a welcome station and grab a Texas travel guide. The thing is about 300 pages and has something on damn near every rinky-dink town in the state. You might find some hidden gems in there along your route.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Except there is absolutely nothing between Houston and San Antonio.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

That's simply not true. I know for a fact that there are dozens of friendly state troopers at any given time on the road between Houston and San Antonio.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Shiner Brewery says fuck you. ;D

12. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Great pull, AQB. Shiner Bock has easily become my beer of choice since moving to Texas. I love it.

Draft saved Draft deleted