1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas Rangers: New Helmets of Fail

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by writing irish, Feb 25, 2009.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Can't forget <a href="http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/uniforms.asp?league=NL&city=Houston&lowYear=1968&highYear=2003&sort=year&increment=18&=Display+uniforms">this one</a>, too.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Changing uniform colors and design is EXACTLY like changing newspaper design. Its purpose is to try and fool people into thinking that management is addressing real problems. And it doesn't fool anybody.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Those 1960s Astros unis were cool. Traditional with navy dominant, but contemporary with the orange accents and graphic elements on the home jersey.
    [​IMG]

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

But if we win our game each day
    Then what the fuck can Harry say?
    It makes a fellow proud to be an Astro.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I mentioned to someone with the Astros last year how much I hated the copper-colored top and how it completely lacked any connection to the team's tradition.

To which he said, "That's Drayton's favorite, so I wouldn't expect it to change anytime soon."

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

The current Astros color is the most ambiguous uni color in pro sports, with the possible exception of the Seahawks' blue.

Copper? Red? Burnt orange? Crimson? Who the fuck knows? J.Crew would call it "brick."

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

[​IMG]

I have no problem with the helmet, but I don't really give a shit what helmets look like.

I did, however, want to look at Josh Hamilton again. Third-sexiest man in baseball.

8. imjustagirl

Howard and Ichiro are 1a and 1b. Depends on if Ichiro's in the on-deck circle or not.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And I'm still waiting for a valid reason for the Wilpons adding black to the Mets' uniforms.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You'll have to fight SC over his tats.

11. imjustagirl

I apparently have a thing for tats. Who knew?

12. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

As soon as I saw this helmet, I immediately thought of the "Turn Ahead the Clock" promotion from 1999.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted