1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas Rangers: New Helmets of Fail

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by writing irish, Feb 25, 2009.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hank Hill wept.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There's got to be something in the CBA that can keep these things from seeing the light of day, right?

3. Larry Parrish

Larry Parrish Member

It's even worse that the team's new uniforms, even the home ones, will say "Texas" across the front. You should have the team nickname or a logo (like the Yankees' NY) on your home unis and the city or state of the club on the front of your road unis.

And yeah, those new batting helmets are hideous.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Looks like something you'd expect to see Oregon's baseball team wearing.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Seriously, they have a month to order some blue fucking helmets. There's still time to avoid a season of ridicule. Maybe they'll wise up after becoming the funniest thing in Arizona since Wile E. Coyote.

And yes, "Texas" on the home jerseys is ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is that they went through a redesign but did not drop black from the color scheme, even though the black uni fad is over a decade past.

6. Larry Parrish

Larry Parrish Member

At least they're going to break out the red jerseys again, not seen since, well, yours truly was digging in at the plate. :)

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Could be worse.

[​IMG]

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Those helmets look like something you'd see on Tron.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I guess we can let the girls' 16U travel team know we found their equipment bags.

11. Larry Parrish

Larry Parrish Member

Just a thought, but those old late '70s'-early '80s White Sox unis might be the last time that the name of a city or state was worn on the home jerseys until the Rangers this upcoming season.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

The Mets started this crap when they went with the two-tone helmets. Stuff like this kills me. I am as old school as it comes with uniforms. Guys I play soccer with call me the uniform nazi because I have been known to go off on people for wearing the wrong socks. I went absolutely ape shit on a guy once when he cut the sleeves off his jersey.

As a gag one year for my birthday, which happened to be a game day, someone bought me a pair of wacky tie-dyed socks and made me grudgingly wear them just because they knew it would annoy the hell out of me knowing I was the guy out of uniform.

Draft saved Draft deleted