1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas-Oklahoma St. game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jeff_Rake, Jan 16, 2007.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Maybe ESPN just shouldn't cover anything in Stillwater until they build a new arena, or at least a perch for the cameraman. That was bush-league.

2. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

They just remodeled the place a few years ago. With all of Boone Pickens' money you think they'd be able to afford a camera stand that isn't blocked by fans.

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Exactly what I was thinking.

4. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

man, it must have been a great game if no one mentioned boggan and his 37 and 20. smokes!

5. that was an all-timer. and no Vitale, so i could actually have the sound up

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I'll 20th the sentiment. Fantastic game. Neither team deserved to lose, and the Boggan vs. Durant sideshow was phenomenal.

7. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Actually meant Brandan Wright of UNC ... but Julian is probably a lottery pick, too.

Betting on this one? Nope. Line was too close, and rarely mess with over/under.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Great game, with a funny sideline: ESPN2 couldn't stop promoting its live interview with Andre Agassi coming up as part of Aussie Open coverage. The look on Agassi's face was priceless: "When is this thing going to end so I can go home?"

I don't follow college hoops as much as I used to, but did someone say that Boggan was a Florida transfer?

9. Boggan transfered out of Florida when he was obese. He says he is on good terms with those guys and eh still regularly talks to Billy Donovan. He also rooted for the Gators last year.
    Now he isn't obese and it's obviously worked out for the best for everyone -- though I'm sure Florida is wishing they had him this year.

10. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

A heck of a game to say the least.

And the camera angles were awful. Besides the view from the back of fans' heads, was the high corner shot from behind the Horns' basket in the OTs where you couldn't tell if the ball went through the basket or not.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Personally, I like the terrible camera angles from Gallagher-Iba. It lets me know that despite the expansion and renovation that place went through, at least some things didn't change.

12. They actually put in a new camera platform this year. They thought that would fix the problem. Obviously it didn't.
    We'll see what happens, but maybe they'll try something new next year.

Draft saved Draft deleted