1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas-Oklahoma St. game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jeff_Rake, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Jeff_Rake

Jeff_Rake Member

Is anybody watching this game? Right now, it's 102-102 with 0:10 left in the third overtime. I can't think of a regular season college basketball game that's been this good in a long, long time. Big dunks, clutch shots and a whole lot of JamesOn Curry.

That's all. Speak up if you bet the under and have been crushed by all the overtimes.
    Or if you are a random tennis fan who is geared up for Andre Agassi's in-studio interview.  8)

2. Just caught the ending. Thanks for the heads-up.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Great game. Pokes looked a ton better than when they played the Jayhawks last week, for sure. And Durant looked every bit as good as I had heard -- never saw him play until tonight.

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Fucking Abrams. Nice shot, buddy. Didn't he have the god-awful runner on the previous possession that Durant saved?

5. joe

joe Active Member

Wow. Even better -- like, way better -- than the Mizzou-Kansas game last night. Durant is scary good.

6. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Durant is definitely not a consolation prize for anyone in the NBA. Guy is incredible. He's like 6-9 and can do just about everything.

Got to figure he's a 3 in the league, right?

I love Brandan Wright, Noah is nice, Horford too ... but Durant is absolutely a lock to be the 2nd pick. And while Oden is a nice franchise player ... I can see Durant being every bit as good a player.

Memphis with Gasol and Oden would be nice ...
    Philly would a 2-some of Iggy at 2/3 and Durant at 2/3 would also work ...

If the Celtics can keep Pierce out a lot longer, they may have a shot at 3 or better ... and they'd get 'stuck' with Wright or Noah.

7. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

That game was incredible. Durant is amazing, but Curry and James and Abrams and Augustine and Boggan are all studs.

It might have been one of the best Big 12 games so far this season, if not the best.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I was going to say A-F bet the under and crapped his pants, but that joke seems to have been used already.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Wright has vanished at times this season, so I hope he sticks around for another season. Besides, I would rather him play at Allen Fieldhouse again for obvious reasons.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Your clubhouse leader for college hoop Game of the Year.
    Maybe they'll give ESPN a base camera angle allow them to see who's shooting from the near corners the next time they visit Stillwater. Thank God for the corner camera.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I just got my crash course in Kevin Durant 101.

Whoa.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Egads...............hell of a game.

Draft saved Draft deleted