1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas/Ohio/Merciful End Of It Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 26, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yep ... LA Times/Bloomberg has McCain winning by three points . . . but that's the only one I've seen that plays that way, and some of the others have Obama widening from earlier projections.

Once we get past the prelims and start getting down to the final candidato-a-candidato, we'll have to see some issue rasslin', and then we'll know. Both of the pacesetters have flaws. It'll be a thrilla.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, back at the Chappaqua ranchette ....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/7346063

If she raised $35M in February ... and bowed out tomorrow ... she can be Senate Majority Leader AND be that much richer. Does she not have to return the money if she quits?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

She's got to return it or, I think, give it to the DNC.

But I doubt even with that fundraising level that she's in the black right now.

She started the month with about $12 million in debt, and I'd bet her burn rate is hovering right around a million a day.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dear Football B: You can keep the money, but you have to pay taxes on it. She could give it away to other Democratic candidates first, but that's a lot to give away.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

There is nothing more fun than watching the Clinton mafia whining and crying about people picking on them and begging to be considered relevant again.....

The best thing that will happen with an Obama win of this nomination is we can stick a fork in the Clintons and the Democratic party can finally move forward after being held hostage by these two self-serving egotisitcal assholes and Slick Willy can go back to skirt chasing or dress squirting or whatever it is he does best.......

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Guess Hillary was wrong about this ...

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I've been playing with this, based on what I think the winner and margin will be in each state. On those guesses, Obama goes to the convention still needing 242 superdelegates.

There's no way this thing doesn't go to the back rooms.

Dammit.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Ben: I can tell from your posts you're quite the junkie... I love it.

Zag: You can stick a fork in the Clintons until she becomes Senate Maj. Leader.

Imagine this: Clinton as Senate Maj. Leader ... Pelosi as Speaker ... Obama as President. Hooo-baby. Watch a few heads explode.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I don't see Harry losing the Senate leadership for a while. He's earned it.
    He turned shithead Frist inside-out in most of their confrontations.

Draft saved Draft deleted