1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas/Ohio/Merciful End Of It Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

McCain's beating Obama now in some national polls.

It's been a rough week for Obama. All those obvious things you'd think would plague him did. Such as 'Barack Hussein Obama' and issues of race.

I'm toying with starting my poll thread again 'Is America Ready to Elect a Non-White President' (terminology changed so as not to offend anyone) and see if the number has changed.

2. Some, but far from all.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

I just don't get how stupid people are to buy into all the crap about Hussein and the tribal garb. People playing that game are scum.

4. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

I'm not buying the national polls on McCain vs. Obama. Polls don't gauge enthusiasm. If you call someone up and ask who they'll vote for, maybe half say McCain. But what percentage of Republicans will vote versus Democrats? Every indicator to this point goes the Democrats way. And that doesn't consider Obama's ground game and his ability to bring new voters into the process.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Good point.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It should be changed to “Is America ready to elect a non-white male president?”

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The reason they went with it is because the daughter said she thought Richards would stump for Hillary. The two sons weren't so sure and didn't want to guess.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

But they asked 2 kids about the video, they said no, but Hillary's people said fuck you, that's the wrong answer and ran it anyway.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yep. No doubt, it's sleezy. I suppose they thought the daughter said, "It's OK, let's run with it." Shady all the way around.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Apparently she wasn't asked about the video. Just her earlier statement was spun to be permission.

11. If the money figures on CNN are right, and if Ickes is throwing Penn under the bus, then this thing might end before next Tuesday.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Yeah, I am starting to wonder if there's not a LOT of truth to the other thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted