1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas/Ohio/Merciful End Of It Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 26, 2008.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I agree, although I'm annoyed by McCain's response on being asked whether it was OK to use Obama's middle name like that. A better answer would have been, "What the hell difference does it make what his middle name was? Yeah, he shares a name with a bad guy. He also shares it with a king of Jordan who was generally well-regarded (if my understanding is correct)."

Jesus, it's like saying any guy with the first name of Adolph is automatically the spawn of Hitler. And people still go for this shit. It's just sad.

2. I'm a little sick of St. John's apologizing to empty rooms for this terrible stuff after he or one of the surrogates gets odious in front of the crowd.
    Disingenuous old creep.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

AMEN!

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Exactly. So if it happens again, and I'll be shocked if it doesn't, I really don't wanna hear his apologists going on about how "it's not the view of the campaign" and "he apologized for it!"

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Hillary's hitting Texas hard. How do we know this? She's not simply going after voters and superdelegates ... she's going after the late former governor Ann Richards ...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080227/ap_on_el_pr/clinton_ann_richards

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Another Texan answers from the grave ...

"I knew Ann Richards. HRC is no Ann Richards."

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Molly, is that you?

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Obama had about 10,000 supporters at a rally tonight. He stumbled a little bit in his speech, but he's very persuasive. I don't see some of his ideas working, but otherwise, he's a great public speaker.

9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

You can see both the original rant and McCain's response here:

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/02/mccain_apologizes_for_radio_ho.html

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Hillary's supporters on one music board I frequent can do a better job of making a case for her staying in the race than her campaign does. Her supporters try making the point that Obama's 11 straight wins aren't the will of the party since most of them were open primary states. That the wins were created by Republicans crossing over and voting for him in a primary because they're scared to run against Hillary and won't vote for him in a general election. They try to make the point that when its only Democrats voting at the convention they'll vote for Hillary knowing she has the better ideas and withstand the swiftboat attacks better than Obama can.
    I just don't know how to respond to insane ranting like that, especially when they use the same line to my argument about Obama being better able to swing independent voters to the D column.

11. Those folks are overthinking a bit, joe. That might have been the case early on, but this thing is a freight train now. And, FWIW, for you, Bruce says some nice things about Obama in USA Today this morning.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

So, let me get this straight...they presume to know what a dead woman thinks.
    They send the video to the son to pretend they want to do the right thing, assuming IT'S HILLARY CLINTON, HE'LL SAY YES!
    To their immediately soiled underwear, he says no. But, since it's HILLARY CLINTON, WE'LL DO WHAT WE WANT! they release it anyway.
    Their arrogance knows no bounds.

Draft saved Draft deleted