1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas: Don't tweet during pressers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by boundforboston, Aug 2, 2017.

1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I HATE the "In case you missed it" thing, which sometimes shows me stuff I've already RT'd. I did change my settings along ago when they first rolled out that timeline BS so my stuff is sorted by time, but I still can't get rid of that darn ICYMI section.

2. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

It's all about today's obsession to be the first with information, not necessarily the best.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

The obsession to not get beat on a story predates Twitter. It's just way easier to do it wrong now.

Doc Holliday and SnarkShark like this.
  4. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Yeah, that's true. Back even 10 years ago, though, I think you wanted to get the first story with the most info into the next news cycle and you tried to be as accurate as you could. I find now a lot of people rush to social media, chime in, and let the chips fall where they may. I don't think there's the same consequences today for having it wrong or incomplete as then.

5. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

That's the thing about Twitter, it's 140 characters. You don't need a complete report. But I agree there aren't really any consequences to being inaccurate. Just be first!

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Like you?

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

25 days to respond. Quick draw.

doctorquant likes this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Call the office when Herman's press conference starts and have someone there listen in and send tweets.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. Doc Holliday

So has anyone at Texas tweeted during a presser yet? Curious to see how that goes.

11. Doc Holliday

I'm like fine wine baby. I just get better with age.

Draft saved Draft deleted