1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas does it again!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Feb 27, 2014.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You are a selfish jackass on this issue. You may be a perfectly nice person in every aspect of your life, but "I'm a runner so fuck everyone else on the road, I'm not stopping" is a selfish jackass attitude.

You aren't just endangering yourself. You are endangering others. What if a car has to swerve to avoid you and hits someone or something else?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

But he's a runner Rick

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Too many cyclists have this same "fuck you" attitude.

4. RickStain

Go find a track to run on. Or a trail.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If he's hit by a car, he'll know not to cross in traffic. Or his heirs will. There's no need for a jaywalking law.

/libertarianism

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the basketball coach that got run over and the opposing fans created t-shirts with tire tracks on the back. Think it was Okla St if I am remembering it correctly.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Fuck you're an arrogant prick.

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Your workout is of absolutely no importance to any of the rest of us who might have to live with the weight of running your ass over one day as you dart across the street.

Run on the sidewalk.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It was Billy Tubbs at OU.

10. RickStain

You do understand that tracks are ovals. Unless you are running infinity plus one miles, you aren't going to like run out of track or something.

I prefer the exercise bike for cardio, but doing some back of the napkin math, I've done at least a few hundred treadmill miles in my life. But treadmill doesn't count when I could be a badass self-responsible road runner.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, at Oklahoma State the coach was more likely to run over you.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I reacted poorly to a couple of posts last night and made some responses that were unnecessary. I apologize for that.
    I do stand by my stance that when you are a distance runner, the track isn't a real option. Races aren't run on tracks (except track meets), so you train on the road.

Draft saved Draft deleted