1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texans/Ravens postponed til ??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 13, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3585348

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Tue, Nov. 11 is the best day for both teams.

Or else, the NFL must consider draconian stuff, like getting rid of the two-week Super Bowl workup.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

What does this do for fantasy teams? Will this week's matchups not be finalized until whenever this game is played?

4. TheSportsPredictor

Dude, if they aren't playing this week, they aren't playing this week.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Seems like the players must be eliminated from usage, as if they were injured.

6. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Uh, bench your Texans and Ravens. It's not a big deal. Some people down that way have much worse to worry about right now.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Uh, a hurricanre is ripping through Texas and you assholes are worried about how it will affect your childish little fantasy leagues.

Douchebags!

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I wasn't trying to make light of that at all. Please don't get me wrong on that, and maybe my original post sounded more flippant than I intended. I thought it was just an interesting question (and I think the injury thing is the best way to look at it.)

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

yes, in the midst of a catastropic natural disaster, dozens dead, hundreds injured, thousands routed from their homes, billions of dollars in damage, let us keep our minds on the truly important things. ::)

10. TheSportsPredictor

They're going to have to play at a neutral site. AlamoDome, here we come! Or how about the Superdome?

11. TheSportsPredictor

Save your righteous indignation. The NFL will still be playing games. There's college football games being played. Baseball is still playing. Doesn't seem that the world has shut down. If someone not in Houston wants to think about fantasy football, have at it.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks about fantasy football more than about 30 seconds in their lives is a fucking idiot anyway. Live in the real world.

Draft saved Draft deleted