1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terry Collins to manage Mets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Nov 21, 2010.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/21/collins-is-mets-choice-for-manager/?ref=sports

I thought they would have gone with Melvin...not that either is an inspiring choice.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

If I was a Mets fan, I wouldn't be too excited right now. There may be some improvement for a season or two, but I think the players will eventually tune out his ultra-intensive personality. At least that's the way it turned out in Anaheim.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Considering those players laughed at Jerry Manuel, things can't be any worse.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

New management, same ol' Mets.

Makes sense, though, having a guy who was last any good as an executive in the 1990s bring on a manager who was last any good in the 1990s. Coming to Shitti Field: Post-game concerts by Better Than Ezra, Everclear and Belly!!!!

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

YAWN.

this will go a long way in returning n.y. to the mutts, don't ya think? paging art howe, paging art howe....

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The Gin Blossoms aren't walking through that door! Seven Mary Three isn't walking through that door! Jack McDowell and his shitty band aren't walking through that door! And if they do, they'll be gray and old!

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He's had a decade to learn from his last mistakes.

Then again, there were a LOT of mistakes to learn from.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

How long before Francesa gets him to blow his top.

Met fans will be disappointed. They wanted that scrappy little red neck.

9. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I guess Vince Young was just too unreliable.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is outstanding.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If you blow by this thread fast enough with your eyes it looks like it says, "Tree Rollins to manage Mets."

12. Gues#t

Gues#t Guest

Bob Melvin?

Draft saved Draft deleted