1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terry Collins to Find Cancer Cure and Solve National Debt Crisis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 3, 2011.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think it just shows how low expectations were for the Mets, although I'm not sure why. They have a decent core (Wright, Reyes, Bay and Beltran) and have just been unbelievably unlucky with injuries the past couple years. The cupboard is kind of bare, thanks to Omar jerking around prospects and not really drafting that well, but they should be able to float around .500 for the next couple years, as long as the Wilpons don't do anything (else) really stupid.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

this.

the n.y. media isn't nearly as tough as its either perceived or considers itself. everyone thought the mets would suck and collins would implode. to their credit and to his, they haven't sucked and collins has been nothing but charming and quotable, which is what the n.y. meanies treasure more than anything else in a new coach/manager. and when the team 'surprises,' well, the coach/manager's a freakin' genius!

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing, but I was surprised to find that Terry Collins is actually over .500 for his career. Just barely, but still ...

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

He's had some decent squads, and while I don't think he's a great manager, I also don't think he's a horrible, Lloyd McClendon or Tony Muser type either.

Draft saved Draft deleted