1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrorists try to blow up NWA/Delta Plane...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

http://www.freep.com/article/20091225/NEWS05/91225022/1321/U.S.-says-attack-on-NWA-flight-to-Detroit-was-a-terrorism-attempt

Al-Qaida says merry Christmas to the U.S.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Went to Europe in the summer of 2008. Flew Delta from Detroit to Amsterdam, then Lufthansa, I think, from Amsterdam to Cologne.

Both of those routes have had terrorist incidents in the past year. The Cologne one was the exact same flight, one week later.

Pretty creepy. Thankfully, no one was injured either time.

On an unrelated note, the Amsterdam-Cologne flights have the hottest flight attendants you will ever see in your life.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I thought the terrorists were supposed to like us now.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Good news for Travelers :

A second Department of Homeland Security official said the Transportation Security Administration used layers of security measures at the nation’s airports and that it would be tightening them as a result of the incident in Detroit.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

A lot of things some folks told us in 2008 are proving to be nowhere near the truth. I suspect you're not shocked.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Say Merry Christmas back by sending that fucker home in pieces.

Leave the head behind, though - use it for a ceremonial kick-off at the Super Bowl, and make sure the event is heavily promoted independent of the game so his friends and partners will be sure to not miss it.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

What a predictable turn this took.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I will add one other point before leaving this to the dumbass revenge fantasies...

The security out of Schipol Airport in Amsterdam is a hell of a lot more stringent than it it in the US, and performed by people who (a) seem to give a shit, and (b) speak better English than any TSA worker I've encountered in the US. I would expect this on a Detroit to Amsterdam flight, but Amsterdam to Detroit surprises me.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Aw, here come tony making sure not to miss a chance to be a complete douchebag. Cute really.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

He tried to blow up a plane with a firecracker?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Thrilled to be flying tomorrow am. Really missing the days when the TSA folks would wrestle old ladies for their tweezers and force lactating mothers to drink their own breast milk.

12. mb

mb Active Member

You'll be fine. The best time to fly is always after some shit went down. Because then, everybody's paying attention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.