1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrorist executed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cranberry, Oct 24, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thirty-eight posts in and no "this sounds a lot like the eventual end for Tom Cruise" joke?

"Katie! Clean up while I take John, Kelly and the three kids out back!"

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That may be, but it leaves you the opportunity to define innocent and unjustly as broadly and as aribtrarily as you like. The 10,000 people in the Twin Towers when the planes were hit have been called, by muslim fundementalists, to not be innocent and to have been justly targeted. Muslim religious leaders wail, incite violence and protests over cartoons but nary a word about suicide bombers.
    It may be a peaceful religion in theory, but in practice, it's but an excuse for evil and mass murder.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Amen Abbott ... and where's Costello?

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

But they're not practicing Islam. The're practicing barbarism. Just think about it. How can you practice a religion by doing things that are completely against the rules?Let me give you an example. You see your avatar heyabbot? A terrorist would look at that would probably want to kill you and call you the enemy. Now I may be offended by it, but I'm not going to kill you for it. That's the difference.

P.S. People also have to remember that if a Muslim hates America, it dosn't automatically make him/her a terrorist. If he kills innocent life etc., then that makes him a terrorist. People can have their own opinions. It's no different then the KKK or Anti-Semitism. Yes, it may be wrong, but it's an opinion.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Abbott, Hondo & The Ilk are shitting their pants.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&pubid=968163964505&cid=1161726632685&col=968705899037&call_page=TS_News&call_pageid=968332188492&call_pagepath=News/News

When Ellison is, as expected, elected to the U.S. Congress as the Democrat from Minnesota's fifth district on Nov. 7, he will become the first Muslim ever elected to national office in the United States, and a symbol of a newfound tolerance five years after the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks.

6. heyabbott

Right Field

7. heyabbott

Is there a muslim country that elects Jews to it's national assembly? Turkey? Iran? Syria? Jordan? Egypt?

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

One of the police officers in my library was on-site when they unearthed the bodies of Lundgren's victims. He had to guard the place by himself all night. He said it was a scary thing, what with all the talk of demons and cults and the devil.

When they dug up the bodies, he had to take one bucketful of dirt at a time and dump it into a sifter. The smell was so bad that they had to wear masks. They coated the inside of the masks with Vaseline or some kind of gel so they could dig.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Absolutely. There's a murder at every Baptist Church on Sunday.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Please clarify.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I think that reference was made as a salute to the God-bashers on the board. And, to a lesser extent, those who loathe evangelicals.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

You know, call me crazy, but I find it sorta nice that this country is tolerant and welcoming, so much so that the people are willing to take the time to differentiate between the Muslim in front of them and the ones responsible for killing innocent people.

Now, if only some people on this board would do the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted