1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terror rant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SockPuppet, Aug 11, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Hello? I'm talking about the hysteria that preceded the event, and the fact that it was an event at all.

The katrina victims were 'stranded for a few days?' Do you mean the bodies stacked up all over the Superdome or floating down the streets of New Orleans?

We were talking about freedom, and how easily it can be compromised during times of disaster and fear.  

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I am going to read that article today. Thank you, Mr Gee.

This is what being with Boom has done to me. I need to get outside now. 8)

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

As far as I know, the "left-leaning people" ask for timetables on Iraq, not the "War on Terror." There is a difference.

21, I'll put it like this: We are fighting ignorance and hate. The ONLY cure is education. The only way to educate is generate enough financial stability that children allowed to spend their time in schools.

You can't kill hate and ignorance by bombing the absolute shit out of every house, shack, cave, or farm. There are other ways. They are just long, slow and sometimes expensive. They also require a ton of hard work and effort.

Because of elections that occur every few years and our ever shrinking attention span, too many people want a quick solution.

"Hey lets setup a democracy in Iraq! This will fix all of the Middle East."

It just isn't that simple.

4. Upper Tupper

Upper Tupper Member

I really dread this fall when ol' Pork Chop starts to appear on TV to scare American citizens, once again.

Draft saved Draft deleted