1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terror Plot Foiled

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, May 21, 2009.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If we had thrown them in Gitmo without a lawyer or a trial and kept them there 7 years on trumped-up hearsay, you'd be cheering.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not at all . the DOJ -- has become so corrupted and politicized that the government has no crediblity.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You are the quote man. I think we rooted out those horse show hacks and religious quacks.

4. All things are the same for Boom, the Quote Master.

5. Boom_70

I prefer "The Hypocrisy Master"

6. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

7. And how does that work, exactly?
    The previous administration's former DHS admitted that the terror-alert system was jockeyed for political advantage during the 2004 campaign. That leads me to invest their domestic anti-terror efforts with less credibility than those of an administration without a similar history.
    Anyway, these guys, while nasty, were also freaking nuts.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/22/nyregion/22plot.html?_r=1&hp

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Reading the NYT report, I question this because who's paying for everything, the Stinger, the meals, the informant? Every meeting was orchestrated by the FBI. This is pretty damn close to entrapment.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And it happened all in 120 days :eek:

10. Boom_70

It now appears like old fashion "entrapment" work to go with "old fashioned" police worjk.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/23/nyregion/23informant.html?_r=1&hpw

This trial should be fun to watch.

11. Boom_70

Just for posterity. The more of this story that comes out the funnier it gets. Good police work huh.

Draft saved Draft deleted