1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terror Plot Foiled

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, May 21, 2009.

1. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/05/20/2009-05-20_fbi_arrest_four_in_alleged_plot_to_car_bomb_bronx_synagogue.html

I would point out here that this plot was broken up using old-fashioned police work -- warrants and everything! -- and that these dangerous men are now being incarcerated on American soil.
    My heart skips a beat just knowing that.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's the only counterterrorism that works.

3. Actually, Rick, I'd say cops and those nerdlings with the pocket protectors who know how to run down the money, but I take your point.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This story is nothing but trumped up to support the Republican position on closing Gitmo. These guys are plotting to knock off the local snip and snack and all of a sudden they are international terrorists. Do better fenian.

5. If you say so, Boom.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I vote to make Fenian's house the new Gitmo.
    And I seriously perplexed as to why Fort Leavenworth can't handle some Al-Qaida? I mean, really, a high-security prison inside a military base, out in the middle of fucking nowhere Kansas, and it might be a target?
    Pfft.
    And police work is how terrorism has been beaten back everywhere else in the world. Why it can't work in the U.S. of A is also a little bit of a mystery.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I wish they wouldn't have explained that the terrorists were duped by undercover agents posing as Al-Qaeda. They will have to switch it up now, otherwise the next group of terrorists will probably catch on.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, if there was a jail break at Leavenworth, I'd be much more concerned about the U.S. born criminals getting out than the terrorists.

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

As has been noted on other threads, I think after a few weeks in the general population, the terror suspects would be pining away for solitary at Gitmo. Wannabe badass, meet real badass.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

But, but ... I thought everyone was going to love us now. Sigh.

11. Boom_70

12. Boom_70

Draft saved Draft deleted