1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terror attack in London?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, May 22, 2013.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Now the English Defence League is clashing with the police in the same neighborhood.

https://twitter.com/thegarance/status/337322478017867777

2. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Guy was filming them on his cell phone to show the police, and one of the killers walked up to him and asked him to record a statement.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Props on phone's video quality then.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Reading the Guardian it doesn't say the suspects were killed by the police but that two men were shot and taken to separate hospitals.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Of course...this must be a European False Flag. Just ask Alex Jones. He's all over it.

6. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

They are English. There will be plenty of time for concern after they've had a spot of tea.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Seems you're still waiting. I'm stunned.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Maybe if you tried a joke that was actually funny, people might respond in humor. But hey, at least you got in your 47th reference to gun control.

And just so we're clear, when I make a joke about the next terror attack in America, you won't respond like a humorless fuckwit, right?

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Boston redux?

One suspect is a convert:

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

One of the attackers has been identified. By most accounts he was a good kid until he converted to islam about 10 years ago. Shocker...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/23/woolwich-attack-suspect-michael-adebolajo

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

So he's born and raised in England, never lived anywhere less, yet admonishing us in the video about what they must endure back "in our lands"?

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I find it odd to call this a terror attack. Seems like murder to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted