1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrific Opportunity for Cubs Fans

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by indiansnetwork, Feb 23, 2007.

1. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Attention Cubs Fans/Writers

As you may or may not know, I also own the website AllCubs.com. We've got a nice community of regulars over there, and I'd like to grow that more in 2007. Originally I started the site with the idea of a community approach for authors, and recruited about 12 people. We are now down to one regular poster (though Michael does a fantastic job). I would like to find some more writers as the season approaches.

Here are the qualifications:

- You write well. Maybe you're a journalism/English major, maybe you have done some cool stuff on the web already, maybe you just got skills. Prove that you can write well.

- You're not looking for money. AllCubs doesn't make any money. If it does one day, I will pay the authors. But right now the main benefit to a writer would be an audience of hundreds or even thousands per day. A nice opportunity to build a sportswriting resume in my opinion.

- You honestly plan to give the site two posts per week of at least a few paragraphs.

- Something that will make you stand out as a Cubs blogger. There are a ton of Cubs blogs out there, so I'd like a fresh take if possible.

If this interests you, write me at allcubs@gmail.com explaining your qualifications. I have to apologize in advance for not replying to all of the emails. Thanks.

2. Thanks, but no thanks.

3. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

So essentially you are being hired to post on a message board for free? Yeah, "terrific."

4. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Indiansnetwork, do you offer a medical plan, in case I need a prescription? They can get pretty pricey.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I have to apologize in advance for not replying to all of the emails.

Why do I not see this as being an issue?

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Do you have to be a fan or can you hate the Cubs and still qualify?

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Do you get a car allowance?

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Do I have to cover girls high school basketball, too?

9. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

How could 11 people have possibly quit on this ?

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Forget the money and the benefits and hink of the prestige that will soon be yours ....

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I wonder if there's an allcubs thong.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The Cubs quit on the fans every year, why not a little payback in that respect?

Draft saved Draft deleted